Harvey Hall Theater Restoration
University of Wisconsin – Stout
Harvey Hall was constructed in 1916 and was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1986 as a contributing building in the Menomonie Downtown Historic District. The four-story building houses a 10,500 square foot theatre, seats 580 and is the only theatre at UW-Stout. Strang and Miller Dunwiddie, a firm specializing in historical renovations, located in Minneapolis, were selected to work with stakeholders to restore and upgrade the theater and supporting spaces. Support spaces included entry, box office, control booth, dressing room and scene shop. The project involves improvements to the stage, replacement of the stage and house lighting, and updating of the rigging, curtains, and tracks. HVAC and electrical upgrades, sightlines, acoustics, accessibility and life safety improvements are also included in the project scope.
University of Wisconsin Stout