608.276.9200

University of Wisconsin – School of Music

University of Wisconsin – Madison

The School of Music was founded in 1895. Up until the 1960’s the School of Music grew fairly modestly. During this decade the School of Music  doubled in size and were forced in the 1970’s to move into the George Mosse Humanities Building, occupying approximately 69,000 ASF of the 260,300 ASF building.

With this project the campus will have a centerpiece for the Arts and Humanities District. Strang in conjunction with Holzman Moss Battino have taken great detail to design a facility that works gracefully with the Chazen Museum of Art. This facility will host over 350 events annually ranging from symphony and chamber orchestras to solos and choral performances. Performers will include faculty, students and guest performers.

Location:
Madison, WI

Client:
University of Wisconsin – Madison

Size:
58,000 SF

Construction Type:
New Construction